Autism Network Scotland and ARC Scotland are organising a free event for parents, “Autism and Transitions: Understanding Your Role”, in Galashiels on Wednesday 30th August.
It will involve presentations and interactive workshops, looking at:
- What is a transition?
- What is your role as a parent or carer in the transition?
- What does a good transition look like?
- What are your rights during the process?
- What is some of the legislation in relation to transitions?
- Why does autism affect a transition?
- How can you support a young person with autism to achieve a positive transition?