The new Borders Care Learning Network training programme for January-June 2016 is now online. Download your copy here.
Moving and Handling – Wednesday 20th January, 9am-4pm, Galashiels
- Identify the principles of safe moving and handling
- Identify unsafe techniques
- Legal and safe back care guidance
- Safe usage of moving and handling equipment.
Underpinning knowledge for SVQ unit H5NA 04 Support effective communication – Thursday 21st January 9.30am-4.30pm, Galashiels
- Understand the NVQ / NOS requirement for supporting effective communication in settings where individuals are cared for or supported.
Introduction to food hygiene – Wednesday 27th January 9.30am-12.30pm, Galashiels
- Handling food
- Storing food
- Basic food hygiene.
Infection control – Thursday 28th January 1pm-4pm, Galashiels
- The general principles of infection control
- How to achieve effective hand hygiene
- The use of personal protective equipment
- Dealing with spillages and bodily fluids.
Training is open to those who work or volunteer in health and social care in the Scottish Borders, and to unpaid carers.