The Learning Network is the training arm of Borders Care Voice.
We run an extensive training programme, with a range of free courses for care workers, volunteers and carers.
During the pandemic, we are running courses online, via Microsoft Teams or Zoom. Some essential courses are taking place face to face with limited numbers.
To ensure you get the latest information about forthcoming training, please sign up to our monthly update.
We aim to:
- support training and development needs in partnership across health and social care
- commission training that is tailored and responsive to evolving priorities
- provide free, inclusive training for those working and volunteering in health and social care, and for service users and carers
- arrange network meetings, on a locality basis, open to those who work in, or have an interest in, the sector
- conduct a training audit regularly to help to plan training and to support organisations in sharing resources.
Courses and workshops are provided by experienced in-house staff or freelance trainers in the statutory and third sectors.
We will be organising other special and one-off training events, in addition to the courses listed in our current programme. We are also happy to discuss your own training needs – please get in touch.